NBA news: Lakers demolish Rockets’ season in Game 5 face-off, advance to Western Conference finals for the first time in ten years.
The Los Angeles Lakers advanced to Western Conference Finals for the first time in the past decade, thanks to the LeBron James show, who had 29 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists as the Los Angeles Lakers eliminated the Houston Rockets from the NBA playoffs.
- The Los Angeles Lakers advanced to the WCF for the first time in 10 years.
- James LeBron had an impressive game, leading the front.
- Despite the promising start of the series, The Houston Rockets failed.
- The Lakers to face LA Clippers or Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference Finals.
Even after a promising launch sequence in Game 1 of the playoffs, the Houston Rockets failed to take off against the Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference semifinals. And now, their season is officially over on the line.
Leading the way for the Lakers once again was LeBron James, who alternated between effortless and angry from the opening tip.
Lakers’ LeBron James to Rockets’ Robert Covington: “Y’all grabbing the whole f—-ing game. As soon as someone touches you, y’all got something to say. Y’all grabbing the whole game. Play ball.”
— Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) September 13, 2020
The Lakers star man put an impressive show to reel 11 points on 4-of-4 shooting in the first quarter of the game and finished with 29 points on 9-of-18 shooting with 11 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 steals, overall stats of the superstar.
Game leaders stats below the following:
Los Angeles Lakers
- Points: LeBron James – 29
- Assists: LeBron James – 7
- Rebounds: James/Davis – 11
- Points: James Harden – 30
- Assists: Russell Westbrook – 6
- Rebounds: James Harden – 6
Lakers win series 4-1
It’s the Lakers’ first trip to the Western Conference finals in the past 10 years, also the last year they won the NBA title.
However, As they did against the Portland Trail Blazers in the first round, the Lakers dropped Game 1 of the series and then won four in a row as they repeated the sequence against Rockets leading 4-1.
- NBA awards finalists 2020: NBA MVP and five other major honours
- Kendrick Perkins in tears on air, giving an emotional response to Kevin Durant calling him a ‘sellout’
- ‘James LeBron may have been the best ever’: if he chose the NFL over the NBA
The Lakers, who led by as many as 30 points, took over the control of the game in the third quarter of the game. The Lakers puta massive fight and carried a 95-69 lead into the fourth quarter. They outscored the Rockets 33-18 in the third quarter.
In the game 5 of the match-up, the Lakers outshot the Rockets 52.7 per cent to 37.1 per cent. Los Angeles converted 19 of 37 three-pointers to 13 of 49 for Houston, as stats suggest.
Lakers waiting for LA Clippers or Denver Nuggets
Clinching the win and leasing 4-1, now heading to their first Western Conference finals since Kobe Bryant’s last championship, the Lakers will have to wait and see who joins them in the finals of the Western Conference Finals. They will meet the winner of the series between the LA Clippers and Denver Nuggets in the Western Finals.