The 20-year-old winger is close to joining Manchester City this summer, but it is the former Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo who inspires him the most.
- Ferran Torres ahead of Manchester City move reached an agreement over a five-year contract with Manchester City.
- The 20-year-old wishes to follow the footsteps of Ronaldo.
- Ferran Torres ahead of Manchester City move has had an interview.
- Ferran Torres to replace Leroy Sane at Manchester City.
Ferran Torres ahead of Manchester City move says he wants to follow the footsteps of 5-time Ballon D’Or winner and former Manchester United man Cristiano Ronaldo in his career as he nears to join Pep Guardiola’s side.
The Valencia winger is on the move to sign the papers for Premier League side Manchester City by completing a £24.5m (€27m) transfer to Manchester City this summer, as revealed by reports.
Ferran Torres has been inspired by City legend David Silva and former Barcelona and Spain striker David Villa but it is former Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo he hopes to emulate with his conduct on and off the field in his yet-to-be-played career.
Ferran Torres ahead of Manchester City move, Interview with Guillem Balague
“From an early age, I had two main references, one when I was very small and he arrived in Valencia and that was David Villa. Villa and David Silva the duo that took Valencia to such great heights,” Ferran Torres said in an interview with Guillem Balague.
“But for me, Cristiano above all is a great reference not just because of the way he plays his football but also because of the way he carries himself away from football.”
“It is worthy of admiration and I would like to follow his steps.”
- When does the summer transfer window 2020 open up for top five European leagues?
- Power Rankings Ballon d’Or 2020 top-five: Messi, Ronaldo and contenders who could have won the prize
- Real Madrid eyes on Rennes Eduardo Camavinga Transfer to have a back up for the Brazilian
- Only Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of Sterling, former English mate Joleon Lescott on Raheem Sterling
Ferran Torres ahead of Manchester City move predicted his playing position next season:
“Maybe my best position at the moment is on the flanks but with the passing years when I get a bit older and perhaps lose a bit of speed and the power that I am known for then maybe I will finish playing inside because I have played there in the past.”
“Something else they have installed in me since I was small is that the more positions you can cover on the pitch then the more possibilities you have to play and the more you can contribute.”
“As a player I consider myself to be ambitious, someone that wants to win, win, win and of course it is true that as time passes and you feel you are better prepared then you want to take on greater challenges, experience a change of environment. I think I am ready to do so.”
“Inside I always think that I am the best and that I want to be the best and I work to try to be the best. If you don’t believe yourself that you are the best then no one is ever going to believe that you are.”
While the 20-year-old striker has already signed an agreement over a five-year contract with Manchester City. The Valencia man is expected to replace Leroy Sane, who has recently packed-up for Bundesliga Champions Bayern Munich.